Monday, November 24, 2008

Preparing for the Holidays

Well, the weekend was nice, quiet and uneventful. David flew home on Tuesday, so we had the house to ourselves. We went to go see Madagascar 2, Jamie worked in the garden a bit, I went with my mom to get ready for Thanksgiving and we did a lot of relaxing. This was our weekend to take a step back and enjoy the weekend before the holiday season officially begins on Thursday with Thanksgiving. In four weeks we will be in England. Which means we have 3 shopping weekends left before our Christmas begins. So the next 3 weekends will be filled with shopping, shopping, eating, and more shopping.
We are looking forward to being with Jamie's family and I've been mentally preparing for the weather. It has already snowed there; here is a pic from the BBC (the snow covered the ground but didn't stick around long).

Today's forecast in Hull is a high of 45°F and a low of 39°F. The sun rose today at 7:44 am and will set at 3:52 pm (yes, that is 8 hours and 8 minutes; Orange County's sunrise is at 6:32 am and sunsets at 4:44 pm, 10hrs 14min, we get an extra 2 hours of light). When we land on December 20th it will be the shortest day of the year. Which is probably a good thing, because I'm going to be craving a warm bed and a good nights sleep.
Jamie and I are both starting a list of all we want to see, eat, drink, and watch while we are there:
  • Seeing family & Friends (of course our number one priority)
  • Christmas Dinner
  • Christmas Cake
  • Pret's Christmas Turkey Soup (soooooooooo good I crave it all year long)
  • Weetaflakes & Alpro Soya (this one is for me)
  • M &S Tea and a Scone (I haven't found an American scone that is as good as the English)
  • Fish and Chips (Jamie can't go back without having some)
  • Sausage Rolls
  • Fresh Bread (strange but English bread tastes different and is amazing)
  • Doctor Who Christmas Special
  • Wallace and Gromit Christmas Special...
The list continues...Let the Holidays begin!

No comments: