When you don't get to say goodbye it makes you re-think all that wasn't said. My uncle, Chuck Carrillo, passed away last Thursday, May 14th of a massive heart attack. It was so sudden and unexpected it makes it hard to unravel what happened. He died instantly and without pain but without the opportunity to say goodbye. I know my Aunt will feel his loss the most, they were always together. They ate breakfast, lunch and dinner together everyday (no exaggeration). She has her 3 kids for support and a grand kid on the way (for those of you who don't know, Mike & Terra are due in the fall) as well as the rest of the family to turn to, but we won't fill the empty space left behind.
I will miss my Uncle too. I could continue to mourn his loss and all that he left behind but I would rather cherish the time we had together and celebrate his life. I'm thankful he was always there. He was my godfather, my confirmation sponsor, and my 1st year assistant soccer coach (he helped my Dad get into coaching). He was always there for birthdays, graduations, weddings and anything else he was invited to and on top of all that he gave the best hugs in the world. I will miss him but I know he is still watching over us. Although we can't see him, he will still always be there.
Goodbye Uncle, thank you for everything; I will never forget you and all the memories we shared.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear this. He sounds like he was a great guy; I'm glad you'll have good memories to, you know, remember him.
Post a Comment