We've been asked to post pictures of how the garden is looking. We have planted some tomato and corn plants recently. They are doing well and hopefully by the end of summer we will have some corn to bbq and salsa to make .

For those of you who can't tell, the two on the right are corn and the ones on the left are tomato.

My herb garden has really grown and my chili plants are petty much loaded. They still have flowers on them, so I think they will be producing all summer. Above is a picture of one of my Jalapeno plants.

Here is a picture of my herb garden. They have done well in this spot. The tall one on the right, with the white flowers, is my cilantro (basically a type of parsley). I have already chopped it down significantly but it continues to grow. I even had to prop it up with two sticks because it fell over onto the oregano. The two larger ones on the left are the New Mexico and
Poblano Chili plants. We
bbq'd a New Mexico chili a couple of weeks ago and it came out pretty good. I also have two baby rose bushes, an orange-peach one on the left and a red rose on the right. They are finally looking healthy and are starting to bloom.

Here is another one of the Chili plants, the
Poblano. They are getting pretty big and some of them are looking ready to eat :) I am going to have a lot of chili's, so I've been looking into drying them or pickling them, so that we have some this winter. It's a whole new subject for me so we will see what happens. I'll also have to dry some of the herbs, if it all works out it will be pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment