Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fun things to do at Philadelphia airport

On my recent trip to England, I had several hours (each way) to spend at Philadelphia airport. I have to say that it is certainly a nice airport and far superior to Chicago O’Hare (my usual connection). Plus none of my flights were delayed, which is inevitable when flying via Chicago. I have now decided to never fly via Chicago again.

Below are a couple of things that I found on my exploration of PHI:


Residents of Philadelphia like to collect Smurfs

By far the best Smurf was the "Chief Smurf"

Along with Political cartoons and Bacon, Denmark's other most famous export is Lego. Apparently Philadelphians (???) like to make giant Lego models. I don’t think that Philadelphians are known for their bell castings as this lego one has a big crack in it. An interesting fact, the original "Liberty Bell" was actually made in White Chapel (London).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

trust you to find the British connection
Dave